The Sidemount Plus Fan Box allows you to safely install a ceiling fan or light fixture without access to attic space. The box's design provides secure attachment to an existing ceiling joist. It is ideal for installation during new construction or remodeling, but it can be installed in finished ceilings through a hole large enough to fit the box. The Sidemount Plus features a heavy-duty, all-metal electrical box. To install it in a finished ceiling, simply mount the bracket to a joist through a 4-inch hole in the drywall, pull the wire into the box, and remount the box to the bracket. The kit is UL listed to support fans and light fixtures up to 70 pounds. It includes 10-24 threads for heavier fans and fixtures and 8-32 threads for cover plates and lightweight lighting fixtures.
Includes: Sidemount Plus Fan Box, which includes electrical box, two Romex clamps, Saf-T-Cap, mounting hardware, and instructions.
- Patented design allows secure installation with new construction or without attic access
- Includes Saf-T-Cap to protect inner workings during drywall installation or painting
- Install a ceiling fan or lighting fixture in new construction
- Replace existing nail-on boxes directly through ceiling
- 21-1/2-cubic-inch dual-mount electrical box
- 2-1/8 inches deep
- Attaches directly to building structure
- 10-24 threads for ceiling fans and heavier fixtures
- 8-32 threads for cover plates and lightweight lighting fixtures
- Three knockouts for conduit or Romex; one Romex clamp